Events is a power that allows you to see the log of recent actions such as kicking and banning on a chat.
To view the events of a chat, hover over "group" at the top right of your chat and click "events". You can also search for events of another chat group on this page.
You will only be able to view the Events page if you have an (events) power.
Note: Events only go back up to 14 days and can take up to 10 minutes to update.
The events search bar is the first thing on the Events page and the page will remain blank until you enter a query or click the "Search" button.
The first input field is where you enter a search query. If you just want to view the most recent events of the selected type, click "Search" with no search query.
Note: An asterisk (*) can be used as a wildcard when searching. For example, "name1:Fred*" searches for all events performed by all users whose register name starts with "Fred" (i.e. "Fred" and "Fred1234").
The search query box has several ways to search for events. Here are some examples:
- name1:fred - Searches for events where the user with register name "Fred" performed the action (i.e. Fred kicked Tom).
- name2:tom - Searches for events where the user with register name "Tom" had an action performed on them (i.e. Tom was kicked by Fred).
- name1:(Mihay OR Cupim) - Advanced searches for events where the users with register name "Mihay" OR "Cupim" performed the action.
- id1:42 - Searches for events where the user with ID "42" performed the action.
- id2:101 - Searches for events where the user with ID "101" had an action performed on them.
- text:spam - Searches for events where the reason contains the text "spam". For example, ban reasons or scroll messages.
- -name2:Annoying - Exclude events of user with registered name "Annoying".
- (name1:fred AND name2:joe - text:rapid) - Advanced searches for events where the reason contains the text "rapid" from both registered names "Fred" and "Joe".
- time:[a TO b] - Will search for events between two timestamps where 'a' is the beginning and 'b' is the end.
- For example: time:[1589760000 TO 1590364799] - Will search from Mon, 18 May 2020 00:00:00 GMT to Sun, 24 May 2020 23:59:59 GMT.
- To generate timestamps, use https://epochconverter.com.
The second and third boxes are used to search for a specific type of event, such as bans, kicks and mutes.
Once you have clicked the "Search" button, the events results will appear in chronological order from the most recent.
Demoting a moderator
The Events power also allows you to demote the moderators of your chat group through the Events page, if you have a rank of owner or above.
To demote a moderator from the Events page, click the user's ID number on the results. Doing so will open a pop-up window to action the demotion.